The church door remained open, because the day was so springlike that even in the evening it was still warmer outside than inside. That evening the parish and pilgrimage church maria himmelfahrt and st. St. Laurence in fridritt is the destination of the "city walk in the framework of "oh!Wieschonistmunnerstadt".
Supported by erich schopf, christa eckert had a lot to tell about this true gem of baroque architecture. Thanks to the miraculous healings that the miraculous image from the 14. The idea of a pilgrimage is said to have had an effect in the 18th century. For this reason, the bildhausen monastery in the 18th century called for the. The new building of the church in the nineteenth century, which as a village church looks unusually coarse and magnificent.
Only the tower is still from the earlier, much smaller chapel. The fridritter’s relationship with bildhausen was not always untroubled, however. Once they planned to bring a neglected figure of christ from there to their village, in order to give it back the recognition it deserves. The plan failed, but the fridritters have since been dubbed "hergottsdiebe" (god’s thieves).
Especially after the second world war, the pilgrimage received new impetus, and until today, on the 1. May pilgrimage groups from bad kissingen and to maria himmelfahrt from wermerichshausen, althausen and brunn.
Joachim may gave the audience the pleasure of hearing the seuffert organ from 1738, which is a special "sound monument" not only to see, but also to be able to hear. In addition, he was able to contribute the surprising detail that the child figure of the image of grace was originally not a child of jesus at all, but a representation of mary as a child, and that the madonna was thus originally a saint anna.
The history of the renovation of the church proves the pride and therefore also the commitment of the fridritters for their house of worship. The village itself paid a considerable share of the costs for the last major renovation in the 1990s, and erich schopf recounted that he was called in as a schoolboy in 1948 to scrape the shellac off the altars during their restoration.
A few other anecdotes came up in the lively dialog, such as the episode, also from the late 1940s, when a sudeten german refugee was pulled up so violently by the rope while ringing the bell that he fell to the ceiling of the sacristy.
The next city walk under the motto "oh!Wieschonistmunnerstadt" has on 14. Marz kleinwenkheim the goal. Meeting point is then at 18.30 o’clock at the bus stop of the district.